We are looking for an Assistant Director for our new Walnut Creek campus. The Assistant Director will be reporting to the Center Director and will be responsible for assisting with the day to day operation of the center. The selected candidate will need to be able to start as soon as possible.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our school for a rewarding career. We are looking for a person who
is passionate, caring, energetic and has excellent "people skills" and want to make a difference in the lives of children and families in the community.
We provide excellent benefits including, competitive pay, bonuses, paid holidays, paid time off, medical & dental coverage, 401k retirement plan, Montessori training and tuition discounts for children.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as director in the absence of the director
- Assist director in daily operations
- Helping with administrative responsibilities
- Developing positive relationships with parents, children, and families
- Welcome prospective new students and parents and conducting tours
- Processing new enrollment applications
- Supervise and provide resources to staff to work effectively with children
- Coordinate curriculum, review class lesson plans and program planning
- Planning and coordination of school events
- Attend training with the staff and coordination of training for the staff
- Record keeping including maintaining children's files, class schedules
- Sub/Teach as needed in any age group (toddlers through KG)
Required / Qualifications
- Must meet all state licensing requirements for a center Director
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Director or Assistant Director or have worked as a lead teacher for at least 3 years.
- Montessori Qualifications or experience as a Director / Assistant Director in a Montessori school is a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong Computer skills including MS Excel and MS Word
We prefer you submit the application online here: Online Application
Alternatively, you can email your resume to email@example.com
or fax to (510) 794-9121.